We are seeking applicants for various boards and committees!
Openings Available on Boards and Committees –Invitation to Apply
Mayoral Appointment with City Commission Approval
- Local Officers Compensation Commission – (4/5 Vacancies, must be registered city voters) Without policy making authority, approves the City Clerk’s appointment of election inspectors and approves ballot printing in the case of a city election.This commission makes a recommendation regarding the compensation of city board and commission members under the jurisdiction of the City Commission. 5-Year terms. Meets every odd-numbered year.
Upcoming Vacancies - Mayoral Appointments w/ City Commission Approval
- Planning Commission – (11/11/2013) 2 Term Expirations – must be residents of Traverse City. (3 year terms) The purpose of this commission is to prepare and adopt master plan for the city; and to review developmental proposals.
- Housing Commission - (11/30/2013) 1 Term Expiration (5 year term) The purpose of this commission is to eliminate housing conditions which are detrimental to the public peace, health, safety, morals or welfare.
Upcoming Vacancies - City Commission Appointments
- Election Commission - (12/9/13) 1 Term Expiration - must be a registered voter of Traverse City (3 year term). The purpose of this commission is to appoint election inspectors and to approve printing of City election ballots.
- Traverse Area District Library Board – (12/31/13) 2 Term Expirations – must be residents of Traverse City (4 year terms) The purpose of this board is to formulate policy and set budget for the Traverse Area District Library.
- Board of Tax Review – (12/31/13) 1 Term Expiration – must be citizen of Traverse City and an owner or property assessed for taxes in the city. (3 year term). The purpose of this board is to examine, review, and correct the assessment roll.
Please feel free to contact Katie Lowran, Deputy City Clerk with any questions at (231) 922-4480 or