We are seeking applicants for various boards and committees!
Openings Available on Boards and Committees –Invitation to Apply
Mayoral Appointment with City Commission Approval
- Local Officers Compensation Commission – (4/5 Vacancies, must be registered city voters) Without policy making authority, approves the City Clerk’s appointment of election inspectors and approves ballot printing in the case of a city election.This commission makes a recommendation regarding the compensation of city board and commission members under the jurisdiction of the City Commission. 5-Year terms. Meets every odd-numbered year.
City Commission Appointments
- Board of Zoning Appeals - (1 Alternate Member Vacancy, must be a registered city voter) This committee hears and decides appeals where it is alleged by the applicant that there is an error in any order, requirement, etc. made by the Building Official, Zoning Administrator, etc. in administering or enforcing the provision of Ordinance.
- Historic Districts Commission (June 30 – 2 Term Expirations) – CC Appt Investigates and recommends to City Commission areas it deems advisable for designation as Historic Districts; recommends to the City Commission structures it deems valuable for designation as Historic Landmarks, etc. Safeguards the heritage of the city.
- Board of Zoning Appeals (June 30 – 3 Term Expirations) – CC Appt Hears and decides appeals where it is alleged by the applicant that there is an error in any order, requirement, etc., made by the Building Official, Zoning Administrator, etc. in administering or enforcing a provision of ordinance.
- Human Rights Commission (June 30 – 3 Term Expirations) – Mayoral Appt. Fosters mutual understanding and respect among all groups and encourages an environment of non-discrimination; acts as conciliator regarding occurrences of acts of prejudice or discrimination, and secures the cooperation of various community groups in educational campaigns devoted to eliminating prejudice and discrimination.
Please feel free to contact Katie Lowran, Deputy City Clerk with any questions at (231) 922-4480 or